Amy C. Leung
Amy C. Leung, a California State Bar Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist, has represented injured workers from a large variety of industries in both the public and private sector. Her experience encompasses all phases of representation, from understanding her client’s goals at the onset and engaging in critical fact-finding and legal research to representing injured workers at hearings and trials before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board. Ms. Leung also has appellate experience, including Petitions for Reconsideration as well as Writs of Review to the California Court of Appeal.
Ms. Leung is skilled in various aspects of Workers’ Compensation law, including Subsequent Injuries Benefits Trust Fund cases and securing death benefits for surviving spouses and dependents of fallen workers. She has also handled Serious & Willful Misconduct cases and Labor Code 132a discrimination actions.
A graduate of the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, representing workers was a passion for Ms. Leung throughout law school. She clerked for the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Equal Rights Advocates, and served as a student lawyer in a wage and hour case through UC Hastings' Civil Justice Clinic. She also founded and led the Employment and Labor Law Student Association.
Ms. Leung actively conducts seminars and training sessions for labor union members, and volunteers her legal advice to individuals through non-profit legal service organizations. She keeps abreast of the changes in Workers’ Compensation law and conveys such information to her clients and the legal community.
Ms. Leung earned her bachelor's degree at the University of California, Los Angeles in International Development Studies, with a minor in political science. Prior to law school she interned at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees in Washington, D.C., and the Asian Pacific American Legal Center in Los Angeles. She also worked at an immigration law firm in Los Angeles. Ms. Leung speaks Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese. She was formerly in civil private practice, focusing on plaintiff-side employment discrimination litigation.
Law & Politics magazine has consistently named Ms. Leung a "Super Lawyers Rising Star" among Southern California lawyers.
Learn more about our California Workers' Compensation practice.
News relating to Amy Leung
- CA Supreme Court Issues Decision That Brings Into Focus Utilization Review and the "No-Fault" Nature of the Workers' Compensation System
- New Law Prohibits Discrimination of Workers' Compensation Benefits Based on Immigration Status
- Court of Appeal To Hear Oral Arguments Regarding the Constitutionality of the Independent Medical Review Process
- Don't Overlook the Subsequent Injuries Benefits Trust Fund
- With 2014 Comes More Changes Due to SB 863
- Taking a Creative Look at SB 863 and Independent Medical Review
- Facebook May Not Be a "Friend"
- New Workers’ Compensation Law Leads to Independent Medical Review Process
- Four GEK Attorneys Named 2012 Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Star
- Helping Students Understand the Wonders of Reading
- GEK Attorneys Volunteer Their Legal Services
- Paying Tribute to Fallen Workers
- Attorneys Discuss Workers' Compensation Benefits With Local 1442 Store Stewards
- Four GEK Attorneys Named 2011 Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Star