Richard I. Felton
Workers' Compensation attorney Richard I. Felton has more than three decades of experience fighting for the rights of those injured at work. Because his practice encompasses every aspect of Workers' Compensation law, he has represented a wide range of workers in Southern California, including teachers, machinists, retail clerks, public safety offers, probation officers and other public and private employees.
A California State Bar Certified Workers’ Compensation Specialist since 1982, Mr. Felton has a successful track record in obtaining substantial awards and settlements in challenging and serious Workers' Compensation cases. He has also handled all levels of appellate work before the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board, the California State Court of Appeals and the California Supreme Court.
A leader in the community, Mr. Felton was honored with The Business Foundation Award by the Los Angeles County Deputy Probation Officer’s Union, AFSCME Local 685, for his “conscientious contribution to the law enforcement community throughout Los Angeles.” He has been a member of the Board of Governors of the California Applicants’ Attorneys Association since 1983. He is a former president of the Southern California Applicants’ Attorneys Association and former chair of the Los Angeles County Bar Association's Workers' Compensation Section.
Mr. Felton has served as Adjunct Professor at the Southwestern University School of Law and as Judge Pro Tem to the Workers' Compensation Appeals Board. He received a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of California, Los Angeles. He earned his juris doctor with honors from Golden Gate University School of Law.
Mr. Felton has been consistently ranked on a list of Southern California Super Lawyers as well as in The Best Lawyers in America®. He is AV Preeminent-rated by Martindale-Hubbell, a testament to the fact that his peers rank him at the highest level of professional excellence.
Learn more about our California Workers' Compensation practice.
News relating to Richard I. Felton
- Richard I. Felton Receives Special Honor by Best Lawyers®
- Four GEK Attorneys Named as Best Lawyers in America®
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee—The Proof is in the Classification, According to a California Supreme Court Ruling
- Linemen—The Real "Power Players"
- Supreme Court Tie Protects Union Fees, but More Changes Are Brewing
- Friedrichs v. California Teachers Association Could Weaken Public Sector Unions
- Six GEK Attorneys Named as 2016 Super Lawyers
- Court of Appeal To Hear Oral Arguments Regarding the Constitutionality of the Independent Medical Review Process
- Looking at the ADA 25 Years Later
- Six GEK Attorneys Named as 2015 Super Lawyers
- Six GEK Attorneys Named as Best Lawyers in America®
- Minimum Wage Increase Offers Some Relief for Injured Workers
- Seven GEK Attorneys Named as Best Lawyers in America
- Workers' Compensation Appeals Board Decides Anew on Two Important Cases
- Nail Gun Accident Disables Carpenter
- Richard Felton Fights to Preserve Vocational Rehabilitation Benefits
- Spreading Cheer to Neediest Young Angelenos