Erika L. Vargas
Erika L. Vargas brings a wealth of experience to her position as a Senior Attorney at Gordon, Edelstein, Krepack, Grant, Felton & Goldstein, LLP. Because she has a broad knowledge of Workers’ Compensation Law, Ms. Vargas is well-versed in all phases of case handling, from conducting initial client meetings and taking depositions to handling cross examinations and presenting cases before the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board. In addition, she has extensive human resources experience, which enables her to effectively evaluate cases and refer clients to appropriate resources when the need arises.
Ms. Vargas, a California State Bar Certified Workers' Compensation Specialist, has successfully handled cases for a wide variety of clients, including nurses, teachers, airline workers, public safety officers, laborers, state, county and municipal workers, members of the entertainment industry and utility workers.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Vargas served as defense counsel on the Workers’ Compensation legal team of Martin and Martin LLP. The insight she gained from that position enables her to fully analyze her clients’ cases, thus enhancing her representation.
Ms. Vargas graduated suma cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in political science from Russell Sage College. While earning her juris doctorate cum laude from Thomas M. Cooley Law School, she was a contributing editor and member of the Law Review; her comment, “Michigan Keeps It Within Limits: Relocation No More Than 100 Miles,” was published in Law Review. In addition, Ms. Vargas was a member of Law Journal and edited the Judge’s Training Manual for the Michigan Supreme Court.
Ms. Vargas is President of the Southern California Applicants' Attorneys Association, and is a member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the Beverly Hills Bar Association. She is admitted to practice in the state of California.
Law & Politics magazine has consecutively named Ms. Vargas a "Rising Star" among Southern California lawyers.
Learn more about our California Workers' Compensation practice.
News relating to Erika Vargas
- The Debate Continues: California's Legislative Response To Worker Classifications
- Exercise Your Right to Vote And Help Protect Your Workers' Compensation Benefits
- Does Working from Home Equate to Permanent and Total Disability?
- Legal Challenges Are Made ToThe Medical Treatment Dispute Resolution Process
- Governor Brown Vetoes MRSA Bill
- Nurses, Attorneys and Unions Push to Obtain Benefits for Healthcare Workers
- GEK Website's New Form Pages Help You Stay Afloat in a Sea of Paperwork
- Taking a Creative Look at SB 863 and Independent Medical Review
- Finding a Doctor to Treat a Job-Related Injury
- Have you Suffered a Traumatic Brain Injury Without Even Knowing It?
- Four GEK Attorneys Named 2012 Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Star
- Four GEK Attorneys Named 2011 Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Star