Steven R. Scardino
Steve Scardino brings more than two decades of experience in the field of California Workers’ Compensation to his position as partner.
He aggressively handles all California Workers’ Compensation cases, with an emphasis on law enforcement and firefighters in Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino counties.
Mr. Scardino earned a bachelor’s degree in history with High Honors from California State University, Los Angeles, and his juris doctorate from West Los Angeles School of Law. While in law school he was frequently named to the Dean’s List, and collected three West Publishing Awards in the subjects of Ethical Lawyering, Remedies, and Wills and Trusts.
Mr. Scardino is Executive Board Secretary of the California Applicants' Attorneys Association (CAAA), a 1,000-member statewide organization that advocates for injured workers' rights. He is a former president of the Southern California Chapter of CAAA and is also a member of CAAA's Public Safety Committee and Labor Committee. Law & Politics magazine has consecutively named Mr. Scardino a "Rising Star" among Southern California lawyers.
Mr. Scardino is admitted to practice law in California.
Learn more about our California Workers' Compensation practice.
News relating to Steven R. Scardino
- Appeal Court Decision Upholds Injured Deputy's Award for Continuous Trauma Claims
- The Patrol-Admin Dichotomy: Promoting to a Position with Administrative and Law Enforcement Responsibilities (and Stress)
- Court Rules that Correctional Officer's Off-Duty Injury Was Job-Related
- Transitions: Understanding Post-Injury and Pre-Retirement Benefits Can Make a Huge Difference to a First Responder
- It Takes a Team to Handle Hazardous Business
- Less Hours Plus More Work Equal a Greater Chance for Injury
- Four GEK Attorneys Named 2012 Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Star
- Four GEK Attorneys Named 2011 Southern California Super Lawyers - Rising Star