Howard D. Krepack 1948 – 2015
Howard D. Krepack, a founding partner of the law firm of Gordon, Edelstein, Krepack, Grant, Felton and Goldstein, LLP, earned the recognition of his peers and accolades from his clients based on his long string of successes in the courtroom. Mr. Krepack was well known for taking on difficult claims and obtaining substantial verdicts in a variety of complex personal injury matters, such as product liability, wrongful death and medical malpractice.
It was with equal tenacity that Mr. Krepack fought against a deadly and truly life-altering disease—Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS). That battle ended on August 29, 2015 when Mr. Krepack died from complications of ALS at the age of 67.
A Co-Managing Partner of the firm, Mr. Krepack leaves a legacy of success in fighting for justice for the injured. For instance, in Martinez et al v. Doe Oil Company, a severe burn case, he obtained a substantial recovery for his client. In a catastrophic mining case, he proved that the accident was caused by a defect in the hydraulic coupler and won a settlement for the two victims. And, in Spitzke v. NASA, after two federal court trials and an appeal to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court, Mr. Krepack represented a client whose brain was injured while attempting to load a portion of the space shuttle for transport, and ultimately obtained a successful recovery.
Within the past decade, Mr. Krepack combined two of his passions—bicycling and the law—to create a new practice area for the firm. Not only did he provide legal representation for those injured while bicycling, he also became a staunch and respected advocate for the rights of bicyclists. This advocacy work led to the Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition's creation of the Howard Krepack Service to Cycling Award, which was presented to him at the 2012 Los Angeles River Ride.
Mr. Krepack earned his bachelor's and juris doctor degrees from the University of California, Los Angeles. He was a Martindale Hubbell AV-rated attorney, and was consistently ranked on a list of Southern California Super Lawyers® and regularly selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.®
Although Mr. Krepack's contributions to the law firm and its clients will be missed, his lasting legacy and inspiration remain and will continue to guide the firm in its pursuit of justice for the injured.
News relating to Howard D. Krepack
- Seven GEK Attorneys Named as Best Lawyers in America
- Bayer Settles 70 Product Liability Claims Involving Two of its Oral Contraceptives
- GEK Sponsors the Police Unity Tour, Southern California Chapter VII
- GEK Attorneys Reaches Substantial Settlement in Premises Liability Case
- Six GEK Attorneys Named as Best Lawyers in America®
- GEK Attorney and Avid Cyclist Howard Krepack Featured in Super Lawyers Magazine
- Law Firm Files Case Against Caltrans on Behalf of Four Bicyclists Who Suffered Serious Injuries
- Baby Slings Recalled After Three Infant Deaths
- No Warning of Hazardous Road Conditions Causes Bicyclists to Suffer Serious Injuries
- FDA Recalls Alfalfa Sprouts Linked to Salmonella
- Uninsured Motorist Insurance: You Can't Leave Home Without It
- Victims Receive $5 Million for Mining Accident
- Heroic Flight Instructor Represented by Howard D. Krepack