Our Workers' Compensation Attorneys Are COVID-19 Specialists.

Public Safety Frequently Asked Questions

For nearly three decades, Gordon, Edelstein, Krepack, Grant, Felton & Goldstein, LLP has vigorously and successfully sought justice for those who have been injured on and off the job. As tenacious advocates for their clients, the firm’s attorneys have achieved outstanding results for victims who have been harmed by or suffered from:

  • Automotive Accidents
  • Brain Injury
  • Defective Products
  • Employment Discrimination
  • Insurance Bad Faith
  • Spinal Injury
  • Bicycle Accidents
  • Construction Accidents
  • Elder Abuse
  • General Negligence
  • Medical Malpractice
  • Toxic Substances
  • Wrongful Death

Q: What should I do if I am injured?
A: In the event of an injury, you should:

  • Seek medical care immediately
  • Gather and preserve any evidence
  • Speak to an attorney to determine whether or not to make a claim

Q: What can be recovered in a Personal Injury case?
A: If you suffer a personal injury as a result of someone's negligence, you may be entitled to:

  • Compensation for medical expenses
  • Lost earnings
  • The cost of future medical care, loss of ability to work, and for pain, suffering and disfigurement.

Q: How much is a case worth?
A: Many factors can affect the damages due in a case, including:

  • The likelihood of proving the opposing party’s fault
  • The severity and permanence of the injuries
  • The amount of insurance available to the responsible party
  • The injured party’s work history

Q: What is the Statue of Limitations?
A: If injured, you must take legal action to enforce your rights within the Statute of Limitations, a fixed time limit set by law. After the Statute of Limitations has expired, it is too late to take legal action. Since various statutes apply in different kinds of Personal Injury cases, you should consult an attorney as soon as possible to avoid losing valuable rights.  

Q: What happens when I file a claim?
A: Each case is unique, but most cases go through certain stages. Many cases settle without a lawsuit even being filed. If you file a lawsuit, you will usually be asked to:

  • Answer written questions
  • Produce documents regarding the loss
  • Give testimony in a deposition
  • Be examined by an insurance company doctor

Even when a lawsuit has been filed, a case may settle.

Q: What is a third-party case?
A: A third-party case is a civil lawsuit against a party other than your employer who bears at least some fault for your work-related injury. In most on-the-job injuries, your first recourse is to the Workers' Compensation system. Most often, Workers' Comp benefits are paid for an on-the-job injury without questioning who is at fault.

In such cases, it may be possible to sue the third party for your personal injury, in addition to pursuing benefits through the Workers' Comp system.


GEK is a Proud Sponsor of the 2021 Police Unity Tour
Southern California Chapter VII

Police Unity

Do I have a case? Free Case Evaluation.

Click Here

Main Office

3250 Wilshire Blvd #200,
Los Angeles, CA 90010



Orange County


San Diego


Inland Empire

3602 Inland Empire Blvd.,
Suite C-160,
Ontario, CA 91764
Geklaw Best Lawyers
Geklaw Super Lawyers