The GEKLAW Office in Orange County is Closed.
Knowledge Is Power
Life is unpredictable. Even the best laid plans sometimes go awry. If you're injured at work, your life can be turned upside down, leaving you wondering what to do next. How do I afford the necessary medical care? How can I take time off work to recuperate? Is my job going to be waiting for me? What if I can't return to work?
Finding the answers to these questions and many more can be daunting if you don't have an experienced attorney on your side to ensure that you receive the full range of benefits and compensation to which you are entitled.
Workers' Compensation Legal Experts
The law firm of Gordon, Edelstein, Krepack, Grant, Felton & Goldstein, LLP (GEK) has more than 30 years of experience fighting for justice for those who have been injured on the job. As recognized leaders in Workers' Compensation we understand the need to protect and enhance the quality of life for members of our communities. We work tirelessly to maintain and advance the legal rights of those we represent.
We understand how an injury can be a life-altering event for the person involved as well as his or her family. Our Orange County attorneys are committed to utilizing our experience and resources to advance the legal rights of injured workers, including:
- Police Officers
- Hospitality Industry Workers
- Laundry Workers
- Retail Clerks
- Delivery Personnel
- Utility Workers
- Carwash Workers
In Case of Injury
- Report your work-related injury or illness to your supervisor immediately, regardless of the severity.
- Complete an "Employee's Claim for Workers' Compensation Benefits" form and keep a copy for your records.
- Participate in the evaluation by a state panel Qualified Medical Examiner process so you have a say in which doctor evaluates your injury.
- Keep accurate records of the following:
- Days off work
- Dates of all medical treatment
- All round-trip mileage incurred for medical treatment
- Receipts for all out-of-pocket medical and prescription costs
Make sure to write down all facts about any injury or illness you suffer at work. You may have a civil action in addition to your Workers' Compensation claim. Review the facts of any work-related injury or illness as soon as possible with an experienced Workers' Compensation attorney.
In the Know
All GEK attorneys keep abreast of the ever-changing laws, and are on the legislative frontlines, helping to ensure that the rights of the state's injured workers are protected.
We are available for free, confidential consultations. Please call 888-764-5501 to make an appointment.