- Temporary Total Disability Rates Have Increased
- Don't Overlook the Subsequent Injuries Benefits Trust Fund
- Six GEK Attorneys Named as Best Lawyers in America®
- Be Extra Vigilant and Work Safe--How Realignment Affects You
- Covered California Open Enrollment Begins November 15
- Governor Brown Vetoes MRSA Bill
- Three Feet Can Make a World of Difference—and Now It's the Law
- Is an Insurance Company Seeking to Buy Out Your Workers' Compensation Award?
- Surveillance of the Injured Accident Victim in California
- GEK Website's New Form Pages Help You Stay Afloat in a Sea of Paperwork
- Workers' Compensation Appeals Board Affirms Worker's Right to Invalidate Flawed Utilization Review Decisions
- Understanding Independent Medical Review
- With 2014 Comes More Changes Due to SB 863
GEKLAW News Archives
The world of public safety officers is a dangerous one. Topics of concern to those who put their lives on the line every day to protect our safety are covered here.
Senate Bill (SB) 863, the latest Workers' Compensation "reform" continues to wreak havoc for those who have been injured on the job. Medical treatment for workplace injuries has taken a huge hit. Keeping readers informed about the changes and how knowledgeable Workers' Compensation attorneys can best serve their clients while abiding by all the changes is the goal of this section.
For more than 40 years, GEK attorneys have successfully fought for—and won—justice for the injured. Along the way, they have gained much-deserved recognition by their peers and others in the legal community for their expertise and their legal successes. Read all about it.
Whether you work in an office, in a hospital, in the great outdoors… every workplace can be a danger zone, even when effective risk management protocol is in place. Knowing your rights should you get injured on the job is paramount for your future and the future of your family. Learn about the rights of injured workers and the benefits you're entitled to should you get injured on the job.
GEK attorneys remain on the front lines in Sacramento, fighting for just legislation that will benefit Californians. As the changes occur, we keep you updated.
The whole gamut of Workers' Compensation issues is covered here—keeping the workplace safe, finding a doctor, obtaining the optimum medical treatment, and legislation that is, more often than not—unfavorable to injured workers. Knowledge is power, and you need to keep informed.
It is imperative to be in the know about defective products, dangerous pharmaceuticals and recalled items in order to keep you and your family out of harm's way. GEK's PI department reports on the hazards faced by the community, and reports on their successes in the courtroom.