GEK Takes Personal Injuries PersonallySpend an afternoon talking shop with an experienced Personal Injury attorney and you just might be afraid to get out of bed in the morning. Accidents happen, and you never know if you’re going to be one of the 119 million people nationally who visits an emergency room in a given year.
Driving to the movies, planting a garden, hanging holiday lights, enjoying a weekly bicycle ride—"everyday" acts that turned catastrophic for clients of the law firm of Gordon, Edelstein, Krepack, Grant, Felton and Goldstein, LLP.
The firm’s Personal Injury attorneys have more than 30 years of experience successfully representing people in a variety of complex Personal Injury cases, including toxic torts, product liability, discrimination, general negligence, bicycling accidents, medical malpractice and elder abuse.
Prevention is half the battle, but oftentimes people take shortcuts than can prove catastrophic. It’s imperative to stack the odds in your favor so you don’t become a statistic. For instance:
- Use the appropriate protective gear when participating in sports activities.
- Read and follow label instructions on all medications.
- Use tools and equipment only as they are intended.
- Always wear a seat belt and use a hands-free device when talking on a cell phone while driving.
- Educate yourself about the potential toxic properties of items you use at work and home—pesticides, disinfectants, printing toner….
- Focus on what you’re doing; a wandering mind often results in accidents.
- Use common sense.
“Because we have handled just about every type of Personal Injury case, we understand the legal, medical, social and psychological ramifications,” says partner Howard Krepack. “There is a ripple effect to catastrophic injuries; family members are also impacted greatly. That’s why making their lives better is our first priority.”
To learn more about how we protect the rights of those who have suffered serious injuries on or off the job, please call us for a free consultation at 213-739-7000 or click here.